The Desert Spring furnace humidifier advantage
Top 10 reasons why the Desert Spring is simply the
very best furnace humidifier on the market today:
- Unique evaporative surface resists mineral build-up - performance not affected by hard water problems. The Desert Spring uses an assembly of more than 40 textured plastic discs, and therefore has no sponges or drum pads which can become fouled.
- Resists bacteria and mold growth - maintains humidity output throughout service life regardless of the mineral content of your water, so water cannot stagnate and create a breeding ground for bacteria and mold.
- No parts to replace - competitors' models require replacement media (sponges/pads/filter screens) at least annually, and sometimes monthly!
- Environmentally-Friendly 100% water efficient design - every ounce of water that enters the Desert Spring furnace humidifier is added to your air, while competitive flow-through models can waste thousands upon thousands of gallons annually. Independent testing by ETL SEMKO, comparing the three leading flow-through humidifiers in the North American market to the Desert Spring furnace humidifier, indicated that the flow-through models wasted an average of 6,354 gallons of water annually - that's enough water to fill your bath tub every day for a the whole year! *
- Convenient drain located on the bottom of the unit makes the annual cleaning a snap!
- Complete package - the Desert Spring furnace humidifier comes with everything you need to install and use it efficiently, including a Honeywell humidistat! You won't have to purchase any additional parts.
- Built to last - The Desert Spring is composed of high quality components made in the USA and Canada. The Desert Spring is fabricated with modern, high quality, non-corrosive materials. You won't find cheap, flimsy plastics or corrosion-prone metal water reservoirs here. All parts are of top notch quality and backed by a comprehensive warranty. The unit's balanced design eliminates stress on the high torque motor, providing years of trouble-free operation.
- Very energy efficient - The humidifier consumes only 4 watts of power when in operation! Compare that to fan-driven console humidifiers, steam, or ultrasonic humidifiers! Moreover, keeping your home in the optimal humidity range will enable you to reduce your thermostat by an average of 2 or 3 degrees F while it still feel just as warm. The result? You save on your energy bill!
- Compact size - allows quick, easy installation on almost all forced air furnaces and heat pumps. Can be used as a replacement to an existing humidifier or as a new installation.
- Unequalled accessory packages - want a self-cleaning, ultra-low maintenance system? Consider adding the Desert Spring AutoFlush and /or our unique scale inhibiting humidifier water filter to your unit. These accessories are available exclusively for the Desert Spring furnace humidifier and are ideal for hard water environments.
* When equipped with the AutoFlush accessory, a few gallons per day will be washed down the drain during the pre-set self-cleaning cycles. This is still a tiny fraction of the water used (wasted) by flow-through style models (59 gallons per day according to the independent testing; tests assumed a 17 week heating season with a call for heat 50% of the time).